Thursday, March 12, 2015

Muck Boots

"Mom, Mom, Mom," Haley said in rapid fire mode.
"What Haley?" I answered.
"Can I have some oatmeal?" "I want my kind," she said. Haley's favorite kind is Maple Brown Sugar with EXTRA FIBER. As discussed in my Snow Day post, we are trying to decrease the fiber in Haley's diet. She can barely bend down to pick up a toy without letting a flapper slip by.
"How about almond and honey?" I asked.
"I don't yike dat kind." She reminded me.
"Sure you do it's going to be great!" I said as I moved on. "Sophia do you want ham or turkey in your lunch?" "Actually we're out of ham, how's turkey sound?"
"Turkey's disgusting, I hate Turkey." said with a teenagerish attitude.
"How was your turkey yesterday?" I questioned, knowing she was just trying to irritate me.
"Awful, I just ate it because I was STAAARRRVVING!" said with a dramatic head bob that she's working on so it will be perfect by the time she is 16.

I hated Rick had already left for work: 1. because he usually packs their lunches and 2. this is when we usually cup our hands around our mouths and start yelling back and forth like we're in a busy restaurant kitchen... "Turkeys off the list, 86 the turkey, no more turkey EVEEEERRR! Turkeys for losers..."

"Haley, your oatmeal is ready! You're going to love it!" I said with enthusiastic optimism. Haley climbed up into her booster seat "all by myself" and I noticed she saw no need to re- apply her underpants under her nightgown after pottying this morning. Her happy little face quickly changed to disappointment when she didn't see her high fiber oats. 
"Harrison, what did you put in your mouth?" I said accusingly. "We don't eat off the floor." "Here, I made you some oats" and inconspicuously slid Haley's oats to his seat. 
"I don't like this kind Mom." he wined. 
"Just one bite Harrison, that's the rule." "Try it." I demanded.
He stuck his tongue out and licked the tip of the spoon. "Nope mom, don't like it."
"Harrison, go get your coat and shoes on." "The bus will be here in 30 minutes and we all know it could quite possibly take you that long to accomplish those two tasks." "Remember guys, the Smith twins are walking down from their Mimi's to catch the bus with you." The Smith twins are two of Sophia's 5th grade best friends.

I started digging through Harrison's backpack to clean out his folder and sign his daily planner which I should have done the night before. "Harrison!" I yelled. "Why didn't you get a star sticker in your planner the past two days?!" 
"Mom, we didn't have school." 
"Oh yeah, good job buddy." Harrison has done so great this year in kindergarten. A sticker everyday except for once and it was a mild offense if you ask me. We have been so proud of him and actually a little shocked. I've checked all his personal belongings looking for a sheet of star stickers that he could be applying himself on days that his teacher "forgot" to give him one. I know my son well. For example, I wasn't shocked a bit to turn around and find Harrison showing off his mad Jaguar interpretation in front of Sophia's 2 pretty friends. He helps us ruin Sophia's life.

Sophia pulled me aside quietly and asked, "Mom, could you please not wear Dad's Muck Boots out to the bus this morning?"
"It's too late!", I yelled. "It's 9: 23". "Who misses the bus on a two-hour delay!" "I said to get your coat Harrison!" I jumped out of my house slippers at the back door and into Rick's boots and off I went. Haley yelled out the door at me and said, "Mom can I have this?" 
"Yeah, sure I answered back". 
I caught up with the kids right before Sophia and her friends got on the bus. I couldn't help myself and yelled, "haaaayyyy girls!" while bopping my hips and posing in my boots. They all laughed but I'll probably hear about how "your ruining my life Mom" later.



I trekked back up to the house to find Haley eating a Swiss cake roll. "What are you doing Haley?" "You know we don't eat cake for breakfast." ( well at least the kids don't eat cake for breakfast I find it delightful with my coffee). 
"But you said I could have it Mom?", she said in a surprised manor. 
"Go ahead, whatever!"

I put a little water in Haley's, then Harrison's, and now my oatmeal, so it wouldn't feel like wall spackle in my mouth and had breakfast with Haley, my pantyless, precious, pup.



Going to TRY and have a day worthy of a GOLD star sticker. "For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment