Sunday, February 1, 2015

Product Review

Today in the mail I received the prettiest little package of skincare samples from a sweet girl that I went to high school with. Enclosed I found a note saying I would receive a free lip gloss just for listening and giving my feedback to her Sales Director. I hope to give such a stellar review that they just can't help themselves and send me 2! I decided it was best to do a trial review and get your input to improve my odds.

Anyway, I opened the package and was greeted by a green and white swirly wintergreen mint. "What a nice touch", I said. It made the package feel very personal. "She likes mints. I like mints. We both like mints! How could I not like her products!"

Inside the pretty little package I found 7 little "Time Wise" samples to complete my own home mini facial. After skimming over the directions, I took the first two steps into the shower with me.

Step 1: Cleanser. I tore open the package and squeezed half of the contents into my hand as instructed and set aside the other half for my second trial. I rubbed the cleanser all over my face waiting for the latter. Nothing. "Oh, this may be one of those gentle, non stripping cleansers" and felt a little let down. I re-read the directions on the package to make sure I wasn't missing something. I was to be using an upward and outward motion while cleansing and was to be avoiding the eye area. My new cleansing motions still did not create the suds I was is looking for and I found it quite disturbing that I was not supposed to wash my eyes. I'm the kind of girl that needs a nice thick lather to feel like I'm washing. If someone connected me to a lie detector test immediately after completing Step 1 and asked me: "Did you just wash your face? Yes or No only." The needles would have started spastically jumping up and down correlating with my internal conflict. "Yes" and "No" would both be a lie! I wasn't feeling it but a wise bunny once said, "if you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all." Therefore my score for Step 1 was: nothin'/10. Some of you out there however, who are comfortable with only partially washing your face, may enjoy this product.

Step 2A: Microderm Abrasion REFINE. Now this is what I'm talking about. It was like I was working with a nice 320 grit, superfine sandpaper but in liquid form. Just enough but not too little. I definitely exceeded the 1 minute massage as instructed but I could only imagine the refining that was taking place.  I felt so productive.

Step 2A: Microderm Abrasion REPLENISH. This product was supposed to make my pores and fine lines smaller and give immediate results. I watched but immediate may be relative when you are talking about pores and lines. Will check back later. In addition to avoiding the eye area, both microderm abrasion products require you to avoid the mouth area? I could be mistaken but per my calculations I was only to be sanding my cheeks, forehead, and nose.

Step 3: Day solution. It was truly that. Not a clear liquid like a toner but not a lotion either.  Less viscous but still opaque. Not a mask but a veil blocking UVA/UVB rays, and collagen enhancing peptides that smooth and firm as well as relax expression lines, giving you the look of a person with a flat affect I assume is the goal.

Step 4: Age Fighting Moisturizer.  This step almost didn't happen because I could no longer get a grip on the slick packages. An assistant would be nice at this point. They could tear the next 4 packages open as well as assist with completing the proper directions. I was to massage 1/2 of this package on my face and throat but to avoid the eye area. I really think the eye and mouth areas are poorly delineated in the instructions.  Are my lips my mouth "area" or is there a certain amount of skin around my lips that make up this "area"? What about my eye lids? Or when does the skin lateral to the eye stop being eye area and become designated as face? I was slathering the creamy lotion all over but had some slight anxiety about my boundaries.  There were several times I was sure my assistant would have sounded their megaphone, BEEEEEEEP! "PLEASE STAY OFF OF THE EYE AREA!"

This lotion wasn't mal-odorous or pungent or even offensive by any means. (I have however been working on not being so easily offended.) I simply just said to myself, "I am aware of an odor after opening this package that wasn't there previously". That's all I'm saying. This lotion was so delicious I could not help myself and used the other half of the sample that was specifically to be used for my next trial. My skin was soaking it up and feeling plump and smooth. Definitely worth the stress of completing a six step skin care process.

Final Step 5: Firming Eye cream. This cream was to be applied to the eye area with my ring finger with a patting technique but was not to get INTO my eyes. Once again, what about my lids???
BEEEEEEEP!!! "I think I saw some RUBBING! You are to PAT! I resumed patting,
BEEEEEEEP!!! Only your RING FINGER for the third time!!!!". "I am not cut out for this", I think to myself.

I had finished my skincare regimen when the kids started requesting I make their lunch. I went into the kitchen and got out some plates and bread then was overcome with the idea that I should start a load of laundry before making lunch. Then, by the time we ate and cleaned up the laundry would be ready to go into the dryer and I could start another load. "What a 'Time Wise' decision!", I thought to myself! It was starting to soak in! It was really working! Maybe immediate what's now! I ran to a mirror to check out my pores and fine lines. I truly believe they were smaller, smoother, and firmer. I could only hope this company also made a butt cream.

Final thoughts: I will save my share of the facial cleanser for someone else, I prefer stripping. The microderm abrasion was AB FAB and the moisturizer delish! I found the eye cream stressful and possibly the cause of my intermittent eye burning throughout the rest of the day, taking into consideration that I had quite possibly made a fatal decision when considering my eyelids a part of the eye area.

P.S. If you have a product or service that you would like reviewed and rambled on about much longer than necessary, I might just be your gal. This is especially true if you make chocolate or are in the house cleaning or babysitting business. I may need several samples or trials of your service, free of course, to provide a thorough review of your product and its consistency. I am fluent with Excel spreadsheets and will provide one if deemed necessary.

I really wanted to use a mirror with this one for a TOTAL GLAMOUR shot but my husband won't help me act like an idiot.


Step 1: Create in me a CLEAN heart O God, and RENEW a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Step 2: May I examine my heart and mind today and see the impurities. May I be willing to be REFINED so I will be pure and beautiful, and acceptable to the Lord.

Step 3: Help me to remember the words of the Lord, "I will REFRESH the weary and satisfy the faint". Jeremiah 31:25



No comments:

Post a Comment